Sunday, July 5, 2009

Today I traveled to Mount Mauganui.  It is an inactive volcano that sits by itself on a peninsula.  Upon our arrival it was very foggy, you could barely see the mountain.  I did not get to climb up it because we arrived at sun down.  So instead Steph, Amanda, Logan, and I spent the night in a salt-water hot spring.  I had never sat in a pool of steaming salt water.  It was similar in size to a regular pool one would visit at the Chicago park district.  One great thing about this hot pool was it did not have a roof so you could see straight up into the sky.  I had a perfect view of the mount because the pool sat right at the base.  Unfortunately it was night so you couldn’t see the mountain well.  

1 comment:

  1. I went on GOogle Earth and saw Mount Mauganui. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete