Friday, June 26, 2009

One big difference between Illinois and New Zealand are the roads.  Everywhere you drive you are either going up a hill or going down one.  Plus to make it even more exciting they wind and twist like you wouldn’t believe.  I was getting bit nauseas as Amanda sped down and up these twisty roads going 80 to 100 KM/H. which is equivalent to 70 mph.  In most of the world they use km other then the American mile.  I prefer the mile. 

    We arrived at our Hot Water Beach.  It was a beautiful sunny day. I gasped and was in awe of the beauty of the ocean water.  New Zealand is surrounded by small islands that are uninhabited by humans.  When I looked towards the horizon, you can see these islands of all sizes bulging from the surface of the water.  I was over taken by the spectacular view.  God is definitely caring and loving to have made such an incredible scene for us to enjoy.  No picture could possible capture the essence of this wonderful country.  I am glad I came! 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the family great? We loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to dig holes and feel how hot the sand is? It really warms up the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats an interesting fact :)

    ReplyDelete