Sunday, July 5, 2009

When we arrived at Rachael’s parents house, it was poring rain and around 50 degrees Fahrenheit.   I was given a warm welcome from Rachael’s parents and 5 of her siblings.  Rachael is from a family of 8 which is nothing big compared to what I’m used too.  All four of her younger siblings, which are all under 12, came up to asking me tons of questions and showing me different art pieces they have created in school.  Rachael’s was home schooled like her younger siblings.  After talking to Rachael and her mother about their experience with home schooling I am keen to home school my own child.   They live off a farm and that means they get everything off the farm:  eggs from the chickens, meat from the goats, water from the rain, heat from an open fire, and the list goes on.  I couldn’t believe how they conserve so well.  Everything is used and recycled.  Rachael and Nate had called her parents before we arrived to kill a sheep for dinner the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment