Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nate and I along with his family took off to Wairo where Rachael’s family owns a farm.  When we began our journey up north it began to rain cats and dogs.  I mean It was poring.  Nate occasionally stopped on the side of the road to take me hiking around.  It was pretty awesome because you could stop anywhere and go for a nice hike.  He had me running down this highway that was up against a cliff on one side and dropping off several hundred feet on the other side.   We ran down the road some then jumped over the guide rail balancing on the edge of the cliff.  Nate took off but I took it pretty easy as I climbed over.  We eventually worked our way under the bridge and went across this path that made its way up and into the cliff.  We began hiking up a small trail.  I was obviously out of breath but Nate was smooth sailing making his way all the way up.  The “bush,” as the Kiwi refers to the forests and hills, was very dense.  When we made our way deeper, it began getting darker.  Nate and I didn’t make it to the top in fear of the rain.  We ended up making our way down and back to the van where Rachael and little Finley waited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment